Bangladesh has started to give the Corona vaccine. The Corona vaccine will boost up the fighting mentality of the frontline workers. Initially, there was bad propaganda regarding the Corona vaccine. But now people have started taking it and posting photos of getting the Corona vaccine has a positive impact on the vaccination program. The Corona vaccine is now available for all frontline workers and people aged over 40 years. There are two doses for the Corona vaccine. I have also taken the first dose. The second dose is scheduled after 1 month. But new researches are showing better results if the vaccine is given after 8 to 12 weeks instead of 4 weeks. Bangladesh has started a nationwide campaign on 7th February 2021. The vaccination program will continue throughout the year. The vaccine registration website www.surokkha.gov.bd has been open to the public since Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the vaccination campaign on January 27. The Surokkha app is yet to become available on the Google Play Store.
Bangladesh received seven million doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, two million as a gift from India and five million as part of a contract with the Serum Institute of India.
Currently, NID is mandatory for registration. Without a NID number registration can not be done. If you have lost your NID number you should contact the Upazilla Election Commission office to obtain the NID number. Those who have not got the NID number yet, can not get vaccinated.
Everyone must come to the vaccine center, there is no home service system.
This vaccine is made by the Serum Institute of India which is one of the largest vaccine production companies in the world. Its name is COVISHIELD formulated by Oxford-AstraZeneca. 1 vial is 5 ml which can be given to 10 people. The dose is 0.5ml Intramuscular.
Full coverage is obtained 2 weeks after getting the second dose of the corona vaccine. Pregnant mothers won’t get the vaccine at this moment.
Who are eligible to get the vaccine
How to Register for Corona Vaccine?
- First, go to https://surokkha.gov.bd/enroll and select your category.
- Fill up the NID number, Date of Birth according to NID, and captcha code.
- If everything is alright you can see the Bangla and English names according to NID.
- Fill up the Mobile number. You will need the OTP code which will be sent to this number.
- Now select if you have any comorbidity or chronic diseases.
- Select your occupation.
- Select the address where you would take the corona vaccine.
- Click on the “Songrokhhon Korun” button if everything is right.
- You will get the OTP in your given Mobile Number.
- Write the OTP code and you have successfully registered for the corona vaccine.
Download the Manual in Bangla.
When to Get Corona Vaccine?
You will get a date for the covid vaccine through SMS. But in reality, after printing the vaccine card you can visit the vaccine center and get yours. সফলভাবে ভ্যাকসিনের জন্য নিবন্ধন সম্পন্ন হওয়ার পর পরবর্তী সময়ে মোবাইল ফোনে SMS এর মাধ্যমে ভ্যাকসিনের তারিখ ও কেন্দ্র জানানো হবে।
How to Collect the Vaccine Card?
- Go to this link https://surokkha.gov.bd/vaccine-card and give your NID and date of birth.
- Fill up the captcha and you will get the vaccine card.
What is a vaccine certificate?
Initially, a Corona Negative test report was required for various purposes. It will be gradually replaced by the Vaccine certificate. The vaccine certificate is not yet available. After getting two doses of the vaccine, the certificate can be downloaded.
Side Effects of Vaccine
There are no major side effects of the covid vaccine. You may get a slight fever, pain at the injection site, malaise, fatigue, muscle aches, and headaches, etc. A mild reaction indicates that the vaccine is working correctly. The side effects may last a few days.